D2R2 - The Deerfield Dirt Road Randonnée
August 22, 2015
The Deerfield Dirt-Road Randonnee was conceived in the 1990's as just a favorite dirt-road loop in the hilltowns of Franklin County, Massachusetts. Since its birth as an organized event in 2005, many have hailed D2R2 as the hardest, most beautiful, most fun, most traffic-free, most unique, and overall best ride that they have ever done.
- The courses will use the narrowest, oldest, twistiest, quietest, and most-scenic roads available.
- A range of courses will provide access to novices as well as challenge the world's strongest riders.
- D2R2 will never offer prizes for anything other than gags, nor will finish results ever be presented like it was a race.
- Riders shall cover the course in a self-sufficient manner, without motorized crew vehicles.
- The organization will put as much effort into its food offerings as it does the ride itself.
- D2R2 will remain a key fundraiser for the Franklin Land Trust's efforts to preserve land in the region.
The next D2R2 is on August 22, 2015. Register Today
Course Options »
D2R2 includes courses to suit any rider. 180K, 160K, 115K, 100K, 40-mile Green River Tour & 20 mile Family Ride.
Bring the entire family!
Each year, more and more riders are brining their families along for the ride. Some participate in the Family Ride while others enjoy the bounty of area attractions including Historic Deerfield, PVMA's Memorial Hall Museum and Indian House, Shelburne Falls, Yankee Candle, Art Galleries and so much more.