D2R2 - The Deerfield Dirt Road Randonnée
The Deerfield Dirt-Road Randonnee was conceived in the 1990's as just a favorite dirt-road loop in the hilltowns of Franklin County, Massachusetts. Since its birth as an organized event in 2005, many have hailed D2R2 as the hardest, most beautiful, most fun, most traffic-free, most unique, and overall best ride that they have ever done. However, D2R2 will continue to maintain its original character as just a bike ride
- The courses will use the narrowest, oldest, twistiest, quietest, and most-scenic roads available.
- A range of courses will provide access to novices as well as challenge the world's strongest riders.
- D2R2 will never offer prizes for anything other than gags, nor will finish results ever be presented like it was a race.
- Riders shall cover the course in a self-sufficient manner, without motorized crew vehicles.
- The organization will put as much effort into its food offerings as it does the ride itself.
- D2R2 will remain a key fundraiser for the Franklin Land Trust's efforts to preserve land in the region.
The next D2R2 is on August 22, 2015.
D2R2 includes courses to suit any rider. 180K, 160K, 115K, 100K & a 40-mile Green River Tour
Bring the entire family!
Area attractions for non-riders include Historic Deerfield, PVMA's Memorial Hall Museum and Indian House, Shelburne Falls, Yankee Candle, Art Galleries and so much more.